Provide a work placement
Work placements give students a real insight into commercial environments and help them to develop essential skills to enhance their employability. What’s more our students and graduates are fresh thinking, highly motivated and professionally aware with the capability of making real and tangible differences to your organisation. To find out more about the below schemes, please contact the Opportunities Manager on 020 7815 6465 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Graduate Internship Scheme
Are you looking for fresh and exciting new talent for your business? Would you like to offer someone the opportunity of a work placement? The LSBU Graduate Internship Scheme may be able to help you do just that. This is a fantastic opportunity for businesses to collaborate with the University to find and nurture new talent from our graduates and students. We are looking to work with all types of employers from blue chip global corporations to SMEs.
We have bright, enterprising and articulate recent graduates and students available for both fixed term projects and assignments (6 months) and permanent graduate jobs. The service includes the following:
- Advertising the role on your behalf to our graduates and students
- Managing the responses and ensuring you receive applications that meet your requirements
- Providing you with a shortlist of candidates
- Managing the interview arrangements
We don’t charge a management fee for this service, the only cost is the salary to the graduate or student, which you pay directly to them.
You can craft a placement that's right for your business. Our courses cover a range of broad areas including engineering, computing, media and the arts, business, health and social care. With their degree studies, plus the fact that many of our students have already worked before coming to university, they have the talents and experience to add measurable value to your business.
We are keen to work with and develop links with all types of companies. If you have never worked with us before or taken a student on a placement don't worry. We have a team of staff with the skills to help you arrange everything quickly and easily. Our placement service matches employers with students to create opportunities for mutual benefit. The placements we run vary in length and meet a range of purposes.
The types of student placements available are:
- One year placements - Taking on an in-depth placement for a full year, usually starting in the summer.
- Six months placements - Splitting the placement over the year. This is great if you have a project on the go.
- Ten weeks placements - Fitted in around the students' degree. This could be full or part time and start at varying times of the year
- Summer placements - These tend to be for up to three months over the summer period.
- Part-time placements - These offer an opportunity for one, two or three days a week, for the long or short term. Some employers find this a cost effective way to have a student placement but can't afford someone full time.
- Work shadowing - These are either one day a week over a period of time or you could offer them for a short period of time