Accounting & Finance alumni reception:
“The future of Accounting & Finance - new skills for a new world?”
The Department of Accounting & Finance and LSBU Alumni Association are hosting a special alumni reception for alumni, students and staff with a panel discussion examining the future of the industry.
Ewan Willars, Director of Policy at the ACCA, will be part of the Accounting & Finance panel discussion
Date: Thursday 15 May 2014
Time: 6.00pm - 9.00pm
Location: Keyworth Centre, LSBU Southwark Campus
As international accounting standards merge, financial professionals are now expected to do a lot more than number crunching. In a rapidly changing environment, are more developed skills in the areas of communication, critical thinking and risk management required?
Join us for a unique discussion featuring three leading professionals within the field of Accounting & Finance, one of whom graduated from LSBU, to answer these questions and offer a solution for existing and trainee practitioners. The discussion will be chaired by Iain Boatman, Head of the Department of Accounting & Finance at LSBU. Following the debate, you will also have the opportunity to catch up with former classmates, tutors and current students, as well as network with industry peers over drinks and nibbles.
- Director of Policy at the ACCA, the global body for professional accountants
- Head of Finance at Demos, Britain’s leading cross-party think-tank
- LSBU alumna, Accounting and Business Information Technology (class of 2002)
- An experienced finance professional with expertise in Governance, International Finance and Team Design/Creation
- Vice Chairman and Chair of the Audit/Risk at Cambridge Building Society
- Former Group Finance Director of Woolworths and Chief Finance Officer of HM Revenue & Customs
How to book your free place
Book your free place today (please note you will first need to login to your My Association account) If you have not yet set up an online account, you can register today. Alternatively, please contact the Alumni Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7815 6712 to register your name.
LSBU Students and staff:
Please book your place by contacting the Alumni Office on email@example.com or 020 7815 6712.
We are not in touch with all of our Accounting & Finance graduates, so feel free to invite your fellow alumni or notify us so we can send them an invitation. As spaces are limited, we recommend booking early to avoid disappointment.